Slot machine design
- Concept Development
- 2D/3D Asset Creation
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- After Effects
Slots and casino occupy a big market share in gaming. While table games hold 90% of players’ activity, slot machines constitute nearly 70-80% of online casino revenues. Thus, companies operating in the gaming industry heavily invest in casino and slot game design to provide their customers with a superior experience.
Main Types of Casino and Slot Games
Online casino has risen from a small niche in the dominating industry that attracts gamers from different parts of the world. Convenience, loyalty points, free games, as well as deposit options serve as the main benefits of casino platforms. They provide players with a wide choice:
- Slots. Online slot machines aim to mirror player experience in real casinos. You go to the website, choose the slot you like, place a bet and pull a lever. On the web, you will find a wide range of slots that appeal to the most demanding users: starting from old-school machines and ending up with 3D animated ones.
- Poker. The fans of classic casino games like this genre. It appeals to users with advanced analytical skills, who can build strategies and foresee rivals’ steps. The gameplay is pretty simple: you place a bet and the machine provides you with five cards.
- Blackjack. One more classic game with European roots. Game design plays a vital role in player engagement. Some online casinos add animated objects with bright graphics to make the gameplay more enjoyable for a user.
- Roulette. The game is based on a clear chance as any force in the world cannot influence the game outcome. You choose the number and place a bet. The dealer spins the wheel and drops the ball, which stops on a random number. If this number is the one you chose, congratulations! You win big!
- Craps. A fun and social game where you roll a pair of dice trying to get the right number. The main benefit of this game is flexibility. Everything depends on your wish and the number of players.
- Baccarat. Baccarat game design is similar to Blackjack. All you need to do is to assemble the strongest card hand whose value is close to 9. In most cases, you play against the dealer.
Game Design Trends in Slots and Casino
Slot game design and art are fundamental components of any gameplay. Impressive artworks combined with life-like animation help designers to evoke a particular emotion among players and immerse them in the gaming environment. Here are 5 top trends that are popular in game design right now.
Currently, dark slots attract a large number of gamers with fantastic characters and mysterious backgrounds. Fantasy topics prevail in all fields including game design. Vampires, witches and werewolves are climbing the charts due to their increased representations in cinematography. So, if you want to make your slots attractive to the young audience, introduce supernatural characters and add mystery to the game.
Old-school slots are currently gathering pace on the US and European markets. Retro images are used to build the atmosphere of the 90s or 80s providing casino visitors with a sense of nostalgia. Middle-aged gamers will be thankful if you add such slots to your platform. They can play with their school or university friends and remind themselves of past events and feelings.
New tools and software arrive providing artists with more opportunities to improve player engagement. Game designers try to add animated objects to impress players with innovative art themes and techniques.
Famous actors, singers and artists always attract attention. Their fans always pay attention to such slots and casinos with the desire to become closer to their role models and icons. Especially artists, who produce hype on the net, are the best characters to be used in games. They attract gamers’ attention and add fun to slots.
Slot machines developed and designed by KEVURU GAME’s team fulfill the gamer’s curiosity and provide a unique user experience. Eye-catching 2D/3D characters and animated objects are created to capture players’ attention and increase user engagement rate, which is essential for any casino business.